The Copenhagen Card is the most convenient and affordable way to experience Copenhagen. Visit world-class museums, take a cruise along the charming canals and explore the beautiful castles in and outside of Copenhagen. For budget travelers like me, the value you get from this purchase is totally worth it.
1. How To Buy It
You can buy the Copenhagen card online at www.copenhagencitypass.com It’s available in time increments as 24, 48, 72 or 120 hour card options for both adults and children. Up to 2 kids under age 10 can be brought to Copenhagen for free per 1 paying adult with the card. The charges are:
|24 hours||48 hours||72 hours||120 hours|
|Adults||53 €||74 €||89||120 €|
|Children||27 €||38 €||45 €||61 €|
|Average cost/day||53 €||37 €||30 €||24 €|
Most people visit 2-3 attractions per day comfortably. Hence, the pass is more cost effective when you are good with managing time.
After purchasing the card online, bring a printed copy of your pdf voucher to Copenhagen and redeem it in person. Since the card is based on the consecutive number of hours, you can activate it whenever you like. The staff will write the start date and time on your card and the card will be valid for x hours from the date and time written on the card. At each participating attraction, just show your card, they’ll scan it and hand your physical tickets for the particular museum.
2. What It Comes With
- Attractions: The Copenhagen card offers free admission to 79 attractions in Denmark’s capital and free transportation in the general Copenhagen district. It’s helpful for guests to Copenhagen who need some help to see the city’s best sights. The place gives you access to what is considered the city’s historical center and all the attractions within that area. The card gives the holder the right to one visit at each attraction.
- Transportation: With a Copenhagen Card you don’t need to stress over traffic and parking ticket costs, as you get to travel on trains, buses and ferries all through the whole capital district.
- Discounts: The Copenhagen Card likewise offers numerous discounts for restaurants, bars and other tourist activities. Book a guided visit by foot or bicycle and appreciate brunch or lunch at a discount. You can discover coupons in the Copenhagen Card manual.
- Each adult card allows you to bring along two kids younger than 10 for free. The Copenhagen Card covers the expense on numerous attractions for children, including The National Aquarium, Copenhagen Zoo, Tivoli and some more!
- The Copenhagen Card accompanies a manual, that gives you information such as the open hours of each attraction.
3. Other Tips And Hints:
- You can get discounts at participating restaurants, partner museums, and shops with the Copenhagen card.
- Maximizing the Copenhagen card: You don’t need to purchase the Copenhagen card for the entire duration. If you only want to visit a few of the city’s most famous sites, like Rosenborg Castle and Tivoli Gardens, then just get a 24-hour card and activate it right before use.
- Avoid activating card on Monday, since most of the city’s museums are closed on Monday.
- You can get a free replacement card one time in case your card is lost or stolen. Replacement cannot be offered for Copenhagen Cards purchased on any site other than copenhagencard.com
- Your free replacement card can be obtained in Copenhagen Visitor Service.