People always ask how I can afford to travel so much, and I usually have a multi-part answer.
- Save money so you can travel, and take advantage of odd flight times
- Plan, Plan, Plan, Plan
- Get a Credit Card that you have use for travel rewards
Are Travel Reward Credit Cards Worth it?Do you travel or plan to spend a lot this year? Then the answer is yes! Reasons why:
- Earn travel points for every purchase
- No foreign transaction fees
- Loss of luggage is covered
Wouldn’t you like to travel for free and be worry free?
Choosing The Best Travel Credit CardLook at the minimum spend per card, so that you can calculate whether you can take advantage of sign on bonuses. Many cards will give you bonus points for hitting a minimum spend in the first few months of opening your card. Keep your eye on the annual fee of some cards. While the perks usually out way the fee, be sure that you are going to utilize your card choice efficiently.
What are my options?I found that this page by usnews had a really good summary of some of the top card. You can find a few below.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
For more information about any of these cards, click here.
United℠ Explorer Card
- 60k bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 10k bonus miles after you spend $6,000 in the first 6 months.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent at restaurants, on hotel stays, and on United purchases
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck™ fee credit
- 25% back on United inflight purchases
- Check your first bag for free (a savings of up to $140 per roundtrip) when you use your card to purchase your ticket
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club℠ with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent at restaurants and eligible delivery services including GrubHub, Caviar, Seamless and DoorDashFor more information about any of these cards, click here.
- Earn 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn now. Travel when you’re ready. After you spend $10,000 in purchases in a calendar year, you will receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to inspire your next travel.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory Annual Fee for the first year, then $99. For more information about any of these cards, click here.